Monday, October 13, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I've been really lame lately. I forgot I had a blog. Crazy, I know. I seem to have forgotten the small pleasures I used to enjoy. Like blogging. Or sleeping. No just kidding. I am sleeping.

Today I started training at my new job. This consisted of me sitting in a chair for 7 hours and learning about HIPPA (in layman's terms the ultra trendy Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)...It's as interesting as it sounds. Trust me! I also got to sign my name on about 30 forms. My signature now resembles the chicken scratch often used by doctor's, professor's, President Bush, and other overly important people.

In other exciting news, I had yet another job interview today. This one actually pays really well but its a long shot. The guy interviewing right after me was around 50. (Hint! The job is out of my league). Who knows though? I could get lucky. Maybe the 18 other people she is meeting with will all move. Or get pregnant. Or die. I'm a horrible person. I know.

And just in case anyone doesn't know this already, riding the public bus sucks. It more than sucks. It's traumatizing. Literally. I can't tell you how many times I have had to walk along the sides of some weird side road looking for the freaking bus sign, all the while trying to ignore the creepy cars that slow down, honk, etc when they get near. And it is even worse on the main road. Mostly because they are more cars and more people staring and molesting you with their toot toot horns and scary eyes.

Don't worry though. Very soon I will have a car. I'm thinking a black, shiny, Honda Civic.

No comments: